I’m a Ph.D. student in Networked System Lab at USC, luckily advised by Prof. Ramesh Govindan. I also work closely with Dr. Radhika Niranjan Mysore at VMWare Research. My recent research interests lie in datacenter network management and verification. I earned my B.S from HIT in 2012 and my M.S from USTC in 2015 before joining NSL.
- Datacenter Topology Design, Analysis and Management
Understanding Lifecycle Management Complexity of Datacenter Topologies
Mingyang Zhang, Radhika Niranjan Mysore, Sucha Supittayapornpong, Ramesh Govindan
USENIX NSDI, 2019. Best Paper Award
Wide-Area Analytics with Multiple Resources
Chien-Chun Hung, Ganesh Ananthanarayanan, Leana Golubchik, Minlan Yu, Mingyang Zhang
Algorithms for Preemptive and Nonpreemptive VM Allocation in Azure
Mingyang Zhang, Yang Chen, Thomas Moscibroda
Microsoft Technical Report
On the Parallelization of Spectrum Defragmentation Reconfigurations in Elastic Optical Networks
Mingyang Zhang, Changsheng You, Zuqing Zhu
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 2819-2833, Oct. 2016
Bandwidth Defragmentation in Dynamic Elastic Optical Networks with Minimum Traffic Disruptions
Mingyang Zhang, Weiran Shi, Long Gong, Wei Lu, Zuqing Zhu
IEEE ICC, 2013. Best Paper Award
- Google, Network Infrastructure, Intern Researcher, 2019.5-present
- Datacenter network architecture
- HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA, Intern Researcher, 2016.5-2016.8
- Virtual network debugging
- Microsoft Research, Beijing, China, Intern Researcher, 2013.4-2014.2
- VM allocation algorithms for Microsoft Azure.
Honors and Awards
- Best paper award, NSDI, 2019.
- Annenberg Fellowship, USC, 2015.
- Star of Tomorrow Award, Microsoft Research Asia, 2014.
- National Scholarship,China Ministry of Education, 2013.
- Best paper award, ICC, 2013.
- Teaching Assistant, CSCI-585: Database Systems, Spring 2017
University of Southern California
Department of Computer Science
941 Bloom Walk, SAL 227
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0781